Thursday, June 24, 2010

Advertisement.


Advertisement is a way to let the customers know what and how the produce is. They often try to advertise their products as "oh my god, this is a must have!". I'm sure many of us get suck into advertisement anywhere via tv, online, magazine, etc. But regardless of that factor, we can't always be bias until we try the product for ourselves. The advertisement I want to share today is the Covergirl waterproof mascara. *click on the image to enlarge*

The other day, I stopped by walgreens because I left my mascara temporary back at home in San Francisco. I walked around the isle of walgreens with my best friend and I came across to covergirl. I asked my best friend if she knows anyone that actually used the covergirl waterproof mascara and if it works since I'm going swimming with some high school friends. My best friend told me that she seen advertisement in magazines about the covergirl mascara and she also told me to read the label of the mascara. I read it and it says "waterproof, does not clump lashes!" So I thought... what the heck. I'll just buy it since it was only $6. When I wore the mascara next day at the pool while swimming, my high school friends were laughing at me. I checked myself in the mirror and saw that my mascara did indeed smear. So obviously, the covergirl advertisement is false because it says "waterproof".

According to chapter 5, it says there are three choices in order to make the advertisement (claim) valid:
1. accept the claim as true
2. reject the claim as false
3. suspend judgment

By reading the label, it clearly says "waterproof" so I accepted the claim to be true. However, when I wore my mascara at the pool, it smeared on me proving the advertisement to be false. Therefore, regardless of what the advertisement says, it didn't matter so I had first hand experience with the mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment