Friday, July 30, 2010

Usefulness of the first major course assignment.

From the first major course assignment that I've done, it taught me a lot even though it was an online class assignment. First, it taught me how to work in a group environment through emails and chatting. I learned that online assignments can just be as effective as a in person assignment. Even though my group mates and I all have different schedule, I learned how to work around people's schedule and even sacrificing my hanging out time to adjust to my group mate's schedule. Second, it taught me that chatroom is just as useful as meeting in person. I find that chatroom helps a lot more because we can copy and paste websites to each other and share ideas and we get to discuss everything faster. Third, I learned that through the major assignments, it taught me to look over what I learned in the past and reapply it to make my arguments stronger. I find that the first and second major course assignment has taught me a lot in real life how to make arguments valid and strong.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I actually wrote about the first major assignment too, but I hadn't really thought about the whole pre-project aspect of it. You brought that to my attention. It really did open my eyes and mind to working in groups over different portals of the internet. Before these projects, I was really like "wow a group paper online, really?!" But it really is as effective as an in-person assignment. It also requires a lot of self-discipline being in an online class and working in groups for a major assignment. You have to really stay on top of your deadlines because there really is NOBODY there to remind you everyyy dayyy. I agree with this!!

    ReplyDelete