Thursday, August 5, 2010

Discussion of group assignment #1

When I was with a group of friends yesterday, I had so much time to waste before the movie started so I started discussing about "gay marriages" to my friends. I briefly described to them what the article was about. It was about whether or not gay parents would be qualify to adopt or to even raise children based on their sexuality background. As I have found, my friends pointed out that it seemed like the article did not give a more in depth background research because the whole article that was being argued among to those who are lesbian, gay, transgender. It doesn't validate any arguments because we need reliable source such as: news and research. But everything that was being argued in the "gay marriages" article did not include much of it. However, my friends weren't able to pick up any flaws in reasoning in my group assignment paper since they believe my group mates and I described everything in good context and explanation.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your group's input in the discussion worked out for you. Seems like your group did a great job on the assignment, if they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Your reasoning must have been reallying good with lots of details and explantions. My discussion group was okay didn't really help much though. Basically caught some grammer errors. But when someone else actually critics a paper you learn a lot from your mistakes and where you need to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in agreement with the comment above about the situation of gay marriage. This looks like the author giving the article did not have sufficient information concerning about the argument they were making about gay marriage. Our group had a similar assignment concerning this, but was leaning towards good parend are good parents, regardless of the situation. The article supports the fact that gay parents are good parents for children and will lead them to better life with school and social life.

    ReplyDelete